I have a friend who says that because Christmas is exactly 2 months away, that today is the perfect day to start listening to Christmas music. I think it is a little bit early for that, if only because Fall is a great season and offers so many opportunities to do fun things. There will be plenty of time yet to do Christmas celebrating!
Just a few ideas on how to spend your time these days?
- It is the perfect weather, not too hot and not too cold, to go on a walk, a hike, a run, a bike ride… you get the idea.
- Remind yourself of the joys of cooking warm comfort food. Looking for some new ideas? Better Homes and Gardens has some delicious ideas. Click here to check them out.
- Take in a sporting event. It is football season and that means you can always tailgate with friends before the game!
- Visit a pumpkin patch and pick one! Halloween is right around the corner, so it is almost time to get carving. This could also be the time to decorate in anticipation of Halloween and get your costume together. This also means that it is almost that time that you can watch the classic “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown” on TV.
- This might just be the time to do a serious house cleaning. While it might be considered an old-fashioned idea to do a Fall cleaning, purging unwanted things and donating them, selling them or sending them straight to the garbage is a worthwhile thought. There are a lot of worthwhile causes that are happy to have your donations in local communities, and many places are focusing on collecting gentle-used winter gear in anticipation of the coming cold weather.
- You could tackle one more outdoor project before winter hits. It could be that you want to plant some bulbs to come up in the spring or perhaps you just want to have one more outdoor picnic while the weather allows.
- Remind yourself the joys of building a fire – indoors or in an outdoor fire pit. Make s’mores!
- And if you are really focused on Christmas, there are a lot of great artisans markets in many communities that will let you get going on your holiday shopping. This is also a good opportunity to take a drive, appreciate the coloured leaves, and go exploring in a place you might not get to very often.
- If you find that you’ve caught a case of the fall blahs, maybe you should daydream about a winter vacation. Better yet, make a plan, create a vacation fund, and turn your dreams into reality.
Enjoy the Fall season before it becomes snow shoveling season!