My calendar tells me that it is the 40th week of the year – not only that, but it is the end of the 40th week. I see in the local papers events popping up like Christmas Craft Fairs. I have to confess: this makes me a little edgy. Just yesterday, it was the beginning of 2014. Turns out “just yesterday” was more than a few days ago.
With time rushing by, it makes me think of things that I want to do before the year is over , beyond the regular every day stuff. Considering how much time is left, I think being realistic is key.
- Host a dinner party
- Read a book (John Grisham’s Sycamore Row is just waiting for me, I know!)
- Clean out the closet before the killer dust bunnies get to me
- Have another technology free weekend (it was good the first time, but was that just an anomaly? Will I go crazy before getting through weekend #2?)
- Sleep in – might be a good thing to try when I go tech free
- ?? I know there must be more, but I’m drawing a blank!
It seems I might not be reaching far enough. What can I say? I’m not feeling terribly adventuresome today. Maybe after sleeping in I’ll have a bunch of ideas and the ambition to go forth and do.
What do you want to do before 2014 is up?